An Insider’s Guide To On-demand Alcohol Delivery App DevelopmentAuthor Uber for Alcohol Delivery, Uncategorized
The COVID-19 pandemic has made people revisit their stands on availing services. For example, when it comes to the on-demand food delivery sector, a considerable number of people preferred dine-ins even when they had the option of doorstep food deliveries. People who considered on-demand apps as a ‘substitute’, have realized their importance amid the outbreak situation. With such unparalleled convenience that these apps offer, people are demanding more from the on-demand app marketplace.
One such unique idea that has gained a tremendous reception among the audience is the Uber for Alcohol app. With top-tier liquor stores and pubs closed indefinitely, people stranded in their homes cannot access them. By leveraging the online medium, the on-demand app can establish a link between customers and liquor stores seamlessly. If you’re an entrepreneur looking to establish your alcohol delivery app in the current situation, this blog will help you know the market growth, the need to invest, and the features to integrate into the application. Besides, we’ll also take an overview of the COVID-19 safety add-ons.
The market is experiencing unprecedented growth
Ever since the pandemic situation, the alcohol delivery app market has risen to the occasion, experiencing a massive surge in numbers. Let’s discuss some market stats here,
- Drizly, the most-popular alcohol delivery app, has witnessed an almost 350% increase in sales since 2019 (Source: General Counsel, Drizly).
- Customers spend an average of 30% more on orders placed via Drizly (Source: Craft Brewing Business).
- The global alcoholic beverage market is estimated to reach a whopping $1.594 trillion by 2022 (Source: PR Newswire).
- Following the lockdown, alcohol eCommerce retail sales spiked by 234% between March and April (Source: Nielsen’s beverage alcohol).
With such supporting stats, entrepreneurs needn’t have second thoughts about investing in this lucrative business opportunity.
A win-win-win situation – Innumerable benefits
Initiating an on-demand alcohol delivery app development provides numerous benefits for each stakeholder. Here, stakeholders include customers, liquor store owners, and the platform owner. Some of the enticing benefits include,
- Convenience – A whole new level: With just a few taps on their smartphones, customers can get the desired alcoholic beverage. Similarly, they can pay via numerous payment options like credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc. With such convenient means to get liquor, customers will continue to rely on on-demand apps even after the pandemic.
- Boosting sales & visibility – An alternative way: Liquor stores experienced a major downfall in sales due to reduced in-person visits. By joining hands with third-party delivery platforms or having a delivery app of their own, they can boost their sales substantially. This way, they supplement the decline in sales with an alternative way by reaching out to customers.
- Enhanced profits – Multiple revenue streams: From an entrepreneurial viewpoint, you can generate income from numerous sources. For example, liquor stores pay you a part of customer payments as commissions. By displaying ads on the site, you get advertisement charges based on clicks/impressions. Customers pay you subscription charges to enjoy the app’s premium version. This way, you have access to unrestricted revenue.
Unique features add to the app’s credibility
Integrating features into the app constitutes the central part of front-end development. Since the app interacts with your customers on your behalf, ensure it is feature-packed, with the perfect blend of unique and vital elements. Let’s discuss in brief about critical features and in detail about unique aspects.
Features of Customer app:
- Search and filter
- Instant ordering/ Schedule for later
- Real-time navigation
- Multiple payment options
- Ratings and reviews
Features of Service Provider app:
Service providers, in this regard, refer to both delivery executives and liquor store owners.
- Registration & Verification
- Availability toggle
- Accept/reject orders
- Earnings profile
- Manage orders
- Push notifications
Features of Admin panel:
- God’s eye view
- Real-time analytics
- Customer management
- Manage transactions
- Verify service providers
Stand-apart features worth-considering
These features can be your unique selling propositions, luring the audience towards your site. They include,
- In-app wallet: Eliminate the need to enter account details every time during payment by integrating a secure in-app wallet.
- Multilingual support: Cater to local customers’ needs and establish a global presence by enabling users to access the app in the language of their preference.
- In-app chat/call: Enable users to communicate with service providers via chat or call, paving the way for streamlined communication flow.
These features add credibility to your platform, steering your app’s success among the audience.
Implement COVID-19-specific safety add-ons
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, customers hesitate to order essentials online, fearing the virus contraction. Replacing this fear with trust can boost your sales and customer reliability. At Appdupe, we have come up with specific COVID-19 safety strategies to consider during Uber for Alcohol Delivery App development. They include,
- Zero-contact deliveries: Encourage delivery executives to drop orders in front of customer homes and notify them rather than handing them over directly, preventing virus spread.
- Disabling Cash on Delivery: In the best interest of both parties, disable the COD option, letting users pay for their orders via digital modes.
- Safety ratings and reviews: Maintain safety standards in the community by hearing out customers. This way, you can remove those service providers not abiding by regulations.
- Face mask recognition software: Automate the verification process by integrating the software that recognizes delivery workers wearing face masks before offering services.
- Go online checklist: Ensure your users and service providers are free from COVID-19 symptoms by asking them to take up a questionnaire before providing/availing services.
The COVID-19 pandemic is propelling the need for doorstep alcohol deliveries. Capitalize on this demanding situation with a top-notch alcohol delivery app. With the market forecasting a massive growth and posing numerous benefits, a feature-filled Uber for alcohol app enables you to gain a significant market share. In case you’re wondering whom to partner with to develop the alcohol delivery app, do not hesitate to reach out to Appdupe. Our decade-long expertise, coupled with tech-savvy experts in various fields, enables you to have an all-important advantage over your rivals.
Reach out to us, tell us your needs, and launch the app right away!
Get our Alcohol delivery app today!
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.