The Market For Online Flower Delivery Sales Is Booming: Develop A Robust Flower Delivery Service App With AppdupeAuthor Delivery App Development
How many times have we gifted flowers on a special occasion? Flowers are charming, attractive, and pleasing. Flowers make a perfect gift for any occasion, be it birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and many more. They are a great sign to show that we love or care for someone. With services going online, don’t you think an on-demand flower delivery service app can substantially boost a florist’s business?
People can order or gift flowers to their desired locations sitting in a single place. Flower shops can enhance their customer base by initiating their app development. Nowadays, app development is quite simple. All they have to do is reach out to a Flower Delivery App Development Company and get the app developed.
Are you a florist who wishes to take your business online? Are you an entrepreneur eyeing to provide a virtual platform connecting flower shops with people in need? In such a case, this blog caters entirely to your needs as to how to develop a top-notch flower delivery app. A detailed overview of the sector’s market size, the app’s essential and unique features, and the factors to consider before initiating the flower delivery app development are discussed here.
‘The market is vast, unexplored, and lucrative’
Let’s glance at some stats that stress the massive potential of this online flower delivery market.
According to a report by IBIS World,
- The market for the online flower shops industry in the US is $5.3 billion in 2020.
- Besides, the market is forecasting a healthy CAGR of 10.1% between 2015 and 2020.
- People in the US spend an average of $26.6 billion annually on floral products.
- A florist shop in the US yields an average revenue of $322,321 every year.
According to a report by Research and Markets,
- The US floral gifting market is expected to reach $16 billion in 2023, with an average growth of 6% YoY.
All these facts signify that the market for online flower delivery apps is booming, and there cannot be an ideal time than now to invest in this segment.
‘Keep an eye on these vital factors’
Before initiating the app development for your flower delivery app, you need to know and handle specific factors to avoid hurdles. Some of these factors include,
- Analyze your needs: Now, you need to know precisely how to develop a flower delivery app. These include identifying the technical, economic, and market requirements. Of these, the financial needs are the most critical, owing to the fact that an entrepreneur’s end-grain is always revenue. Knowing the tech-stack needed to develop a best-in-class delivery app and conducting market research to identify the customers’ needs can also significantly help during the app development.
- Forming the supply network: For a business to sustain an increased timeframe, the supply chain has a more significant role to play. Any on-demand delivery app needs service providers, delivery executives, and entrepreneurs to work in liaison to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. Hence, it is the entrepreneur’s role to control the strings of the entire platform without any disruption. Joining hands with multiple flower shops, hiring multiple delivery professionals, and developing a robust app are all crucial in ensuring the app’s longevity.
- Devise a working market strategy: It is pointless to initiate a business without a feasible approach. Hence, it is advisable to identify your target audience, set monthly or yearly goals, update the app from time-to-time, and analyze competitors to stay ahead of them. As a result, the complete supervision of an online flower delivery platform and a working market strategy is critical to consider before investing in the business.
‘Incorporate features that make your platform unique’
It is the features and functionalities that give shape to an on-demand app and attract the audience towards it. Some of the essential and stand-apart features of an online flower delivery platform include,
- User registration: Users register with the app either by specifying valid credentials or through their social media handles.
- Search and filter options: Users can navigate through the app looking for their desired service. They can sort products and shops based on several parameters, thereby narrowing down their search.
- Instant booking or schedule for later: Users can either order flowers instantly from their desired flower shops or schedule orders for a future date.
- Real-time tracking: Users can track delivery executives carrying their orders in real-time with the aid of this geolocation feature.
- Multiple payment options: Users can pay for their deliveries through a multitude of payment options, including credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- Availability toggle: Both flower shop owners and delivery executives can switch their availability through this toggle feature.
- Ratings and reviews: Users can rate the service offered by delivery professionals and florists on a scale of 1 to 5 & can share their experience in the form of reviews.
- Personalized gifting options: On certain occasions, users need to send customized notes or gifts along with flowers. Hence, this gifting feature can come in handy, and the platform can become a one-stop destination for your customers.
- In-app chat/call facilities: The app establishes a streamlined communication flow between users, florists, and delivery executives. They can contact each other in case of doubts or queries.
- Chat-bot integration: To enhance users’ convenience, you can integrate a chat-bot into your app. This way, users can place orders by just messaging their needs to the virtual assistant.
- Manage inventory: Florists can add or remove products listed on the site based on their availability without any hassles.
- Multi-lingual support: To support users from various demographics, your platform must house a multi-lingual support system. This way, your platform can achieve a global reach.
‘Monetizing the app is a piece of cake’
The best online flower delivery service app generates revenue from several sources. An entrepreneur needn’t worry about the ROI with an online platform. Some of the ways of monetization include,
- Commissions: By joining hands with multiple florists, you can earn a commission fee for every transaction made by the users through your platform.
- Personalized gifting fee: You can charge a separate fee for providing personalized gifting features to users. You can join hands with third-party vendors for gifting or have a separate section for the same.
- Delivery fee: To avail doorstep deliveries, users pay a certain amount during checkout as the delivery charges.
- Advertisement charges: By displaying third-party ad banners in your ad site, you can generate a steady flow of income through the app.
‘Scale your business with Appdupe’
Are you ready to venture into this flourishing market of online flower delivery business? With almost every industry turning towards the online medium, you can reach greater heights with a dedicated app. At Appdupe, we deploy the seasoned team of experts to assist you entirely throughout the app development. The perks that you enjoy by joining hands with Appdupe are,
- 100% customizable solutions.
- Highly scalable.
- The latest tech-stack.
- On-time delivery and many more.
Reach out to us, tell us your ideas about the flower delivery platform, and we’ll help you climb the ladders of success in the shortest turnaround time possible!
Are you ready to develop a top-notch flower delivery app?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.