Enhance the security of your organization with the technology-driven employee attendance systemAuthor Face recognition employee attendance software
There are various methods of attendance systems used in organizations. All these methods might be effective, but there is a need for a contactless attendance system due to the outbreak of the deadly virus. Till now, a proper vaccine has not been found for the fatal virus. All people can do is isolate themselves or maintain social distancing while being outside their homes.
Experts believe that the virus can spread by touching the things the infected person has touched. In an organization, it isn’t easy to sanitize all the places, but employers can avoid contact with the frequently used places. The most common means of attendance is the Biometric fingerprint scanner. All the employees must touch this to show their presence. But with the rise of the virus spread, it is not safe to touch high prone surfaces like the Fingerprint scanner. Companies are now opting for a contactless attendance system that is Face recognition attendance software.
Businesses around the world are being directed by the government to ditch fingerprint authentication instead of facial recognition or ID cards. For example, the New York Police Department has discarded its fingerprint entry amid coronavirus concerns. Face recognition helps in instant attendance recording. Schools, colleges, railway stations, airports can adopt this method for scanning, thereby avoiding huge crowds.
Shortcomings of traditional security systems and how a biometric face recognition system overcomes it
- In the conventional method, it is not possible to track the activities of the employee, such as in what ways the employees spend their idle time. Using a biometric face scanner, employees can easily monitor the staff.
- Usually, the employees type in entering and leaving time through the traditional system. The attendance system computes the total work hours of employees. Everything is automatic in the new age security system, so it is convenient to use.
- It is difficult to remember the password with the tight schedule that everyone has. There is no need for any password for the face recognition system.
- The password cannot be shared in the biometric system, unlike the traditional methods.
Benefits of using the Employee time attendance software in your organization:-
- Improved level of security: It is an advanced security system, so fraudulent activities cannot happen easily.
- Eliminates physical contact: There is no contact with the device for biometric identification. So the time spent on giving attendance is reduced drastically. It also removes the fear of coronavirus contraction.
- Less processing time: It requires minimal time for evaluating the data. It is far less when compared to the other biometric systems.
- Compatibility: It is easy to integrate with the current security features. So it can be added easily to the existing security system.
- Environment factors: Despite low lighting conditions, it can quickly and accurately identify employees. The facial biometric attendance system captures three different angled images of our face due to which it can authenticate profiles while it is partially facing sidewards or downwards.
- Eliminates fraudulent activities: Unlike the fingerprints, facial characteristics cannot be forged.
- Gather data simultaneously: It can gather data on crowds easily as it does not require physical contact. Also, multiple data can be recorded at the moment.
- Large storage: It has a vast storage capacity that can store upto five lakhs records.
How does the face identification system work?
- The face recognition software monitors and scans our face. It then maps the facial features, which include the distance between eyes, nose & mouth from each other and saves an analytical picture of our face into it.
- It is advanced software, so it requires a high definition camera and other gadgets for the algorithms to operate correctly.
- A face recognition system captures a set of 3 different face postures in the photo or screen-shot from a video, then the relative size of that face image will be compared with the area.
- The photo quality is essential as it can significantly impact the recognition software.
Platforms where the Employee Contactless Attendance System can be used.
- A System Based on camera: It can be deployed with an IP camera and door controller. We can modify the fingerprint-based door controller to a face recognition system. The camera-based Face Recognition is classified into two modes, server mode and standalone mode, to match the exact need of the organization.
- A system based on the tablet: The Facial Recognition Technology offers the mobility of attendance marking with minimal infrastructure and a low biometric device cost. It can also work in standalone mode and server mode for administrative convenience.
- A system based on mobile: To keep track of the users’ movement outside/inside the premises, this solution sends location details to the server using GPS by taking the user’s image from the present location. It is best suited for corporate offices which allows work from home amid COVID-19 pandemic and, of course, for the logistics industry which is operating continuously.
The improved accuracy of the face recognition system helps managers to analyze the attendance. Along with the exact check-in and check-out timings of employees, their overtime hours, and their late entry hours will help them calculate the precise payout for each employee, which will help organizations save a lot of money. Employee Contactless Attendance System is a useful software for both employees and employers as it reduces the time and is straightforward to use. Try to incorporate this software into your organization and maintain security efficiently.
Are you interested in installing the high-end Face recognition attendance software?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.