On-demand Home Services Is The Next Billion-Dollar Idea: Guide To Startup Uber-like Home services appAuthor Gojek Clone, Uber for Home Services App
Service providers are numerous. But finding the right service provider at the right time is rare. In this fast-paced world, you cannot expect people to visit service providers in person, and demand their service. Contacting them over the phone is possible, but no response from the other side makes the process even more inconvenient. Service providers face the same issue, as well. They may run out of time on a given day or waste their time without anyone demanding services.
It’s high time this supply and demand needs a bridge. Entrepreneurs and ideas are inseparable, especially if the idea is worth billions. The idea isn’t entirely new, but when the market forecasts a CAGR of 53%, modifications to the concept can help one reap revenue. The idea is simple. What is the one-stop destination for people to book cabs, order pizza, or shop accessories? It is inevitably smartphones. Providing on-demand services with an Uber-like Home services app is a significant buzz around the on-demand app communities.
Are you ready to launch an on-demand home services app? This blog caters to all your needs, from the services you need to the multiple revenue models you need to integrate.
How’s the market faring?
The market numbers are extraordinary. According to a report by Technavio,
- Between the years 2020 and 2024, the on-demand home services market will grow by a healthy, double-digit CAGR of 53%.
- The YoY (Year over Year) growth for 2020 currently stands at 32.14%.
- The market’s incremental growth is approximately $1.57 trillion during 2020 and 2024.
- The market share is fragmented, with numerous startups venturing into the potential business segment.
With such exponential growth, the market is heading to be the next big thing of the modern era. Do not have second thoughts about investing in this flourishing sector.
What are the things to consider before initiating app development?
Many entrepreneurs fail to generate answers to this step and end up developing an outdated product. By having a clear visualization of the end product, you can eliminate various hurdles down the way. You need answers for four simple questions to get a clear picture on developing a home services app. Let’s discuss them here,
- Who are my target audience?: One of the fundamental questions, to begin with, is identifying the right target audience. Every feature and functionality of your app is aimed towards the satisfaction of your buyer persona. Setting goals and working towards it is easy if you can answer this question.
- Who are the top rivals in the market?: In simpler terms, your competitors are the gateway to success. The opponents in the market make your work simple. All you need to do is identify their flaws and provide a better app to the local audience.
- How can my app stand apart?: If you can answer this question, you can distinguish your app from others and prevent it from being just another app. No user expects an app precisely similar to the existing app. By making your app stand apart, you enhance its success rate and sustainability.
- What are my business needs?: You can avoid running out of funds or resources if you analyze your business requirements beforehand. Right from the tech-stack needed to the overall budget, equip yourselves with the resources required to sail past the app development with ease.
What are the services worth considering in the app?
People need expert service providers for so many household chores. Some of the services worth considering include,
- Electrical repair services
- Electronic appliance repair services
- Plumbing services
- Painting services
- Pest control services
- Car maintenance services
- Fitness services
- Air Conditioning repair services
- And many more.
You can easily decide the type of services based on your target audience and locality.
What are the possible hurdles with the business?
Apart from app development, several factors influence your on-demand home services business. Having an eye on those challenges can help you avoid unforeseen circumstances in the future. Some of the hurdles include,
- Availability of service providers: It is pointless to download your app if it doesn’t have enough service providers to offer their services instantly. Ensuring that your group is available 24×7 can make a significant difference to your app.
- Quality of services: Another essential factor to consider is that you cannot accommodate amateur service providers in your platform. Verifying the quality of services offered by these professionals is vital to enhance users’ reliability. Users expect top-notch services at reasonable prices.
- Hourly rates for service providers: You cannot expect your home services app to be successful if your professionals demand charges way above customers’ budget. This inconvenience leads to the loss of potential users, paving the way for running out of business over time.
What are the vital features to integrate into the platform?
As mentioned earlier, on-demand home services app development can be quite challenging, especially if you do not have a clear picture. You need to develop three separate entities, including
- User app
- Service provider app
- Admin panel
Let’s look at the features of these apps here,
Advanced features of User app:
- Search and filter: An on-demand home services platform houses numerous services under its belt. For people to identify their services instantly, a search option is necessary. Moreover, multiple filter options can help them narrow down their search.
- Schedule for later: Besides the instant booking features, users should have the option of booking service providers in the future. This way, people needing routine services can avail of them hassle-free.
- In-app chat/call: Users can communicate with service providers and provide them special instructions regarding the work either through chat or over the call. This way, both users and professionals get to know the type of services required.
- Real-time tracking: Users can track the service providers in real-time, thereby knowing the estimated time of their arrival for services.
Advanced features of Service provider app:
- Upload documents for verification: Service providers can upload the necessary documents for the admin’s approval.
- Managing hourly prices: Service providers can set their hourly rates based on their convenience. The algorithm matches users with service providers based on their budget and hourly prices.
- Availability toggle: To avoid inconvenience to both parties, service providers can switch between their availability with the aid of this toggle feature.
- Push notifications: The app reminds service providers of the upcoming bookings and enables them to accept/reject requests in the form of push notifications.
Advanced features of Admin panel:
- God’s eye view: The admin can monitor all the activity of the app from a single place.
- Heat map: The admin gets to know regions of higher demand and can reroute service providers seamlessly.
- Manage transactions: The admin manages users’ payments and transfers them to the service professionals after the necessary commission cut-down.
How about an all-in-one Super app?
What if entrepreneurs have the capability of offering multiple services in a single app. Instead of developing a dedicated app for home services alone, how about integrating ride-hailing, numerous delivery services, and many more into a single app?
Appdupe’s seasoned experts have a unique idea, wherein you can provide more than 60 services with a single app. The Gojek Clone app offered by Appdupe is one of the most sought-after apps among entrepreneurs worldwide. The multi-service app is
- Highly scalable
- Built according to the latest tech-stack
- Developed after an extensive market research
People’s expectations for the best-in-class home services app needs an answer. Entrepreneurs can venture into the flourishing yet unexplored market, establish their top-notch app like Taskrabbit, and enjoy the revenue from multiple reasons.
Appdupe can help you climb the ladders of success in the shortest time possible. Schedule a meeting with our experts, tell them your needs, and transform your ideas into a top-of-the-line home services app!
Want to develop a Uber for Home Services App?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.