Parcel Delivery App Development: An Ultimate Guide To Develop An On-Demand Parcel Delivery AppAuthor Parcel Delivery App Development, Uber for Courier
Speedy transportation of parcels is a big obstacle for logistics businesses amidst the severe Covid-19 pandemic. It is tough to deliver parcels on time to customers due to containment zones and lockdown measures. This has forced entrepreneurs to modify their supply chain. However, an Uber-like app for parcel delivery can keep a real-time watch over the movement of consignments across several locations. The online platform shares transparent information with the owners of a logistics service business. Hence, Parcel Delivery App Development is a golden opportunity to upgrade your logistics venture.
What are the interesting stats about Parcel Delivery App Development?
- Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America are the top 3 regions for on-demand parcel delivery services. This is because of positive trends like enhanced Internet connectivity, increasing smartphone usage, international trading deals, and rising e-commerce penetration.
- The global parcel delivery industry will skyrocket by a value of $141.05 billion from 2021 to 2025. It will grow at a high annual rate of 7% for the next 4 years.
- 41% of on-demand parcel delivery services will be offered in Asian countries like China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand. This is due to factors such as rapid urbanization and regular online shopping habits by customers. Accordingly, more companies will manufacture Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) to handle the high demand for parcel delivery from users.
How does an Uber-like app for Parcel Delivery function?
- Customers open an account – on the on-demand parcel delivery app. They enter details like their age, email address, location, name, and phone number.
- Order fulfillment executives create a profile – on the Uber-like app for Parcel delivery. They submit information about their qualification, skills, and work experience.
- The admin of the on-demand parcel delivery app approves – the accounts of both users and executives after verifying their background and data.
- Customers book their needed parcel delivery services. They can choose options like local or outstation. Further, users can enter details of the pick-up point and drop-off destination.
- Admin will inform the concerned parcel delivery personnel – to accept the customer’s booking. He/She accepts it after getting information about the shipping details and the type of products.
- The logistics executive reaches the user’s location – quickly and picks up the required parcels. He/She safely places it in a bag or a box placed on a vehicle.
- Later, customers pay – for the availed on-demand parcel delivery services through credit cards, debit cards, digital wallets, and net banking.
- Further, users can track the movement of their parcels – through GPS. They receive real-time alerts till their consignment reaches the correct destination.
- Finally, customers rate the quality – of the parcel delivery services on a scale of 1-5. They can also post comments and opinions about the professionalism of the delivery personnel.
What are the benefits offered by an on-demand parcel delivery app?
Entrepreneurs can earn consistent revenue from booking fees paid by customers, cancellation charges, monthly and yearly subscription plans for business firms, publishing of targeted advertisements, and transaction processing charges by owning an Uber-like app for parcel delivery.
An on-demand parcel delivery app has a flexible and scalable business model. Hence, logistics business owners can easily expand their parcel delivery operations to several cities and states. They will get advantages like a higher market share and more profits.
Furthermore, you can reduce operating costs by recruiting gig workers as parcel delivery executives (full-time and part-time). This is better than hiring full-time employees and giving them fat paychecks.
What are the primary features of a Parcel Delivery App?
Delivery Executive Dashboard
Earnings Report – The licensed parcel delivery executive will get access to detailed earnings reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly). It shares real-time information about their total bonuses, commission, and tips. Hence, they can know if their income level is increasing after offering on-demand parcel delivery services.
An income withdrawal option – Parcel delivery personnel can withdraw their earnings anytime by linking their bank account and digital wallets. Additionally, they can take away all their funds in case of an emergency.
A live chat facility – On-demand parcel delivery executives can interact seamlessly with customers via the real-time chat option. They can increase the trust in the minds of users by sharing photos and videos of their parcels during transit.
A Route optimization mechanism – Logistics personnel will reach the user’s location and drop-off destination in a lightning-fast manner by utilizing the route optimization facility. They will travel via the fastest and shortest routes without much traffic. Eventually, this increases customer satisfaction.
Flexible cancellation of bookings – Users can cancel their parcel delivery bookings anytime before it has been picked up by the logistics executive. This assures more convenience.
Social media login option – New customers can swiftly register on an Uber-like app for parcel delivery by syncing their Facebook, Google, Instagram, and Twitter accounts. Therefore, the entrepreneur maximizes the conversion rates.
Sharing of instant notifications – Users receive the latest updates related to their parcels (picked up by the logistics executive, in transit, and dropped off to the correct recipient at the required destination). They can switch on the push notifications option to be well informed.
Storage of transaction history – Customers who regularly opt for on-demand parcel delivery services can check details of their previous payments anytime. Hence, this ensures efficient fund management and prevents unauthorized transactions.
Win over the logistics industry with an Uber-like app for parcel delivery
Access to analytical reports – Admins will know the level of business performance by viewing comprehensive reports. They get access to real-time data about cash flow, costs, profits, and revenue.
CRM software – Admins of a Parcel delivery app can respond to complaints and grievances from users through the automated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. It shares tailor-made replies with users powered by Artificial Intelligence based chatbots.
Digital marketing tools – Admins of an on-demand parcel delivery app can make their business popular by utilizing online marketing tools. They can share the benefits of their parcel pick-up and drop-off services across customer forums, emails, instant messaging apps, and social media networks.
Payment gateway – It is useful to distribute payments like bonuses, commission, and tips for the parcel delivery executives, and other expenses like fuel, maintenance of the vehicles, and taxes.
What are the different business models in an Uber-like app for parcel delivery?
Package tracking aggregator – It acts like a one-stop hub where customers can choose their required parcel delivery services from many logistics firms. Entrepreneurs earn a commission from the logistics partners for every parcel successfully delivered. The Package tracking aggregator has full freedom in deciding the prices of parcel delivery services and implementing digital marketing campaigns.
Postal and courier service apps – These kinds of platforms offer high-quality courier and postal services across a limited geographical area. Entrepreneurs can further expand it to a whole city depending on demand from business firms and customers.
Branded parcel delivery apps – It is a typical third-party on-demand parcel delivery platform. Branded parcel delivery apps take care of every aspect related to pick-up, packaging, payment processing, transportation, and technical support. Entrepreneurs will get an exclusive dashboard to handle all the daily shipment tasks.
Uber-like marketplaces for Parcel delivery – Just like how the on-demand Uber app dispatches cabs to customer’s locations quickly, a Parcel delivery platform also functions similarly. It informs logistics personnel to swiftly reach the user’s home for pick-up of the specific parcels. Owners of an Uber-like app for parcel delivery will get an advanced heatmap to adjust the logistics services based on the level of demand and supply.
How to kickstart Parcel Delivery App Development?
Initially, entrepreneurs need to finalize the business model of their logistics venture. They can choose to offer Courier and Postal services, Integrated Parcel Delivery solutions, or launch a Uber-like app for parcel delivery. Owners of a Package Tracking Aggregator will witness fast growth as they can offer on-demand parcel delivery services across different locations simultaneously.
Further, you need to hire a competent app development company for establishing an on-demand parcel delivery app. Entrepreneurs decide the business scope of their parcel delivery services (regional or national). Later, our well-versed developers create the User Interface (UI) for the admin panel, Android and iOS apps, and the web dashboard. We develop the prototype of the Uber-like app for parcel delivery. Our team evaluates the functioning of the prototype in controlled conditions.
The trained development team will add the needed features and functionalities to the Parcel delivery app. Our QA testers analyze the performance and security of the on-demand parcel delivery app. Then, we launch it in the market at the right time. Likewise, our online marketing team implements large-scale promotional campaigns to increase business traction.
Finally, we offer dedicated post-deployment services like API integration, fixing of bugs and vulnerabilities, maintenance of the mobile apps and the parcel service booking website, software updates, and technical support.
Unquestionably, the on-demand parcel delivery industry is growing strongly. It is an essential service in these challenging times. Nevertheless, entrepreneurs need to focus on aspects such as crowd-sourced delivery services, incorporation of technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain technology, and integration with e-commerce platforms to enhance their parcel delivery business.
Hence, change the future of the global logistics sector by joining hands with AppDupe now for lucrative Parcel delivery app development.
Dispatch goods in a flash by owning an on-demand parcel delivery app
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.