WalkSafe Clone: Ensure The Best Security By Launching The Forward-thinking Personal Safety App For WomenAuthor Personal Safety App
People who use smartphones have increased in number these days. We know this well. Numerous applications are being developed every day for various purposes. Ranging from groceries being delivered to homes or any handyman services getting done, we are proved every time that technology and the innovations born from it are always a step forward. When our wants can be turned into needs with mobile apps, why not use them for safety? That’s where a women’s safety app like WalkSafe comes in handy.
WalkSafe- self-defense at the palm!
WalkSafe is a women’s safety app that alerts users when they have any emergencies in their neighborhood. The app was launched in September 2020 in the United Kingdom. It had only 2000 downloads until the unfortunate kidnap and murder of a woman named Sarah Everard by a police officer recently.
After this incident, people and especially women were shocked and started to walk in the WalkSafe app’s direction. The app attracted downloads more than 1000 times every 10 minutes every second and 30000 downloads in just one week. It topped the number one free app’s list in the Apple Store and entered the top 10 list on the Android platform.
What makes the WalkSafe app unique from other women’s safety apps?
Unlike other women’s safety apps, this app includes a map that displays reported incidents near the user taken from monthly police reports in the locality. It makes them aware of ‘danger zones’. The reports include mugging, knife crime, sexual assault, and pickpocketing. It also helps users plan a safer route home. The app lets people tap on the screen repeatedly, and on no taps, the user’s loved ones while receiving an alert to danger.
Moreover, though there may be various applications for women’s protection, they all work under the same method- they will send messages only when the user tries to. But in this app, the user doesn’t have to keep searching through their contacts list when they are stuck in some unfortunate situation.
Launch a WalkSafe clone with these safe yet admirable features
The app contains two prominent features. They are TapSafe and HomeSafe.
This feature lets the user’s emergency contact know the situation by sending them the alert. The contacts will be notified as soon as the user opens this feature. There are two buttons, like OK and ‘Nervous’. When the user taps the ‘OK’ button, they need to check in every 30 seconds, and if it is the ‘Nervous’ button, they should keep tapping it every 10 seconds before the app automatically shares the location.
As an addition, when the TapSafe feature is enabled, the color also changes according to the time of day to avoid the risk of alerting potential attackers.
Using this feature, a user can set the estimated arrival time before departing from their location. In case of any delay in completing the journey, the emergency contact will receive an alert. It can help the users immensely, as they won’t have to text their loved ones whenever they leave their homes. They can also set a specific time for reminding the emergency contacts to check-in.
Both the features strongly imply that the user need not make a call or send text in a dangerous situation.
We can understand that when developing an app like WalkSafe or WalkSafe Clone, everything seems minimal because safety and security is the top priority. We cannot look into the design or themes here but be more meticulous about how the app functions spontaneously when a situation arises. With that in mind, let’s look into the upcoming detailed section.
GOT AN IDEA FOR A PERSONAL SAFETY APP? LET’S DISCUSS!
Compulsive features and functions to be added in WalkSafe Clone
- It would help if you were sure to offer a one-time registration process, where the user can fill out their details and add emergency contacts with their details.
- In a safety app, the lesser the procedure to operate it, the merrier it would be for your users. You could also refrain users from having to open the app every time to run it. Instead, as an innovative and quick technique, shaking a phone or pressing the volume buttons for a specific time may be considered as a trigger to start the app and register as an emergency.
- After this, the app should send alerts to emergency contacts, local security authorities, and GPS navigation. We can’t assure that the user will be standing at the same place during unfortunate situations. So, the app must send the real-time location of the user to emergency contacts, police control rooms. When there is live-tracking, they can be able to take immediate action.
- The app should work 24/7 to ensure round-the-clock safety, and most importantly, it mustn’t need an internet connection to work. We cannot promise that the user will be able to switch their data or wait for a signal.
- Apart from just the local security authorities or control room, the user can add a local crime or alert in the app so that people in the spot can view the signal and dive into the action quickly.
- As an added point, you can consider adding a ‘Follow me’ feature that users can tap to let the authorities know about the location’s hints.
- The app must be accessible for all the users without any hindrance when used from any mobile network.
- Lastly, without the user’s action, the app should send real-time updates spontaneously to everyone, including emergency contacts, security authorities, and the control room.
On a concluding note
Building a personal safety app for women ensures that the users’ security and safety should come with loads of responsibilities. Even with a slip or slight error in the app, everything can go down in vain. To ensure a perfect app, choosing the right development team is where your intelligence plays a significant role.
The development team should use the right technology, and you must add all the necessary features that will be best suitable for agile functionality.
Appdupe is here at your service as the best development team. Just leave us with your ideas, and we will help you launch a personal safety app for women that will surpass your imagination and be welcomed by everyone.
Get the white-label WalkSafe like app now
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.