Woolworths Clone- Grow your Online Grocery Delivery Business with an App like WoolworthsAuthor Business, Delivery App Development, Technology, Woolworths Clone
Woolworths is a well-known supermarket chain with a strong market presence in Australia. Customers can purchase snacks, drinks, beauty products, body care products, seafood, liquor, baby care products, bakery products, pet care items, fruits, and vegetables on the platform.
Its total sales for the second half of 2020 was AU$35.8 billion. The company is also quickly expanding its business operations in New Zealand having made NZ$206 million sales at the end of 2020.
The market share of Australian online grocery delivery platforms will increase from 2.1% to 3.7% in the next five years. A lion’s share of sales will be pocketed by the Woolworths platform. The habit of visiting physical stores to purchase products will be replaced by the usage of online shopping platforms.
Loyalty from customers will increase as they will be offered customized subscription plans with low product prices and free door delivery. The Australian online grocery delivery market will grow by an impressive rate of 15.3% annually and reach a humongous value of $4.2 billion by 2023.
Some of the latest news about Woolworths is
- Woolworths has launched a new robot named Hawkie. It is used for scanning floors in supermarkets to detect potential hazards. It is being introduced on a trial basis in 15 stores.
- As part of consciousness towards the environment, Woolworths has eliminated single-use plastic bags from its stores and replaced them with reusable bags costing $0.99 each. Customers can also replace any damaged bag for free.
- Woolworths is planning to donate 50,000 hygiene packs to the Australian Meals on Wheels Association (AMOWA).
- A Scan&Go smartphone shopping option has been introduced in 25 stores of Woolworths present in Western Australia. It can be utilized by customers to accumulate Everyday Reward points, track their grocery bills to keep a real-time check on their expenditure and opt for contactless checkout.
- Woolworths is set to launch a dark store in Queensland, South Brisbane. The 10,000 square-metre warehouse can be used by shoppers to quickly pick and pack products.
Entrepreneurs looking to dominate the competitive online retail industry by creating a platform like Woolworths need to commit a huge investment and spend a lot of time. It is better to acquire a Woolworths clone app that is a customized and ready-made online retail platform where millions of products can be sold easily.
The Woolworths clone app includes easy-to-use Android and iOS apps for shoppers, delivery executives, and a robust admin panel.
The notable features of the Woolworths Clone App are
- Everyday Rewards – Customers of the Woolworths clone get up to 10 reward points for every AU $ they spend on the platform. It can be easily used to purchase new products. When a shopper has earned 2000 Everyday Rewards points, it can be converted into 1000 Qantas points that can be utilized to book flights and hotels.
- Provision of Woolworths Insurance – Apart from insuring all the products purchased by the customers, an app like Woolworths also provides different types of insurance for car, home, pets, and travel.
- Access to Woolworths Fresh Magazine – Users of Woolworths can get exclusive access to the Fresh Magazine. It contains recipes for different meals. Apart from the latest issues of the magazine, the shoppers can also view the magazines published in the previous years from 2009 to 2020.
- Availability of Woolworths Gift Cards – There are various gift cards that existing users of the Woolworths clone can share with their family members, friends, and colleagues. The different gift cards are Specialty Gift cards, iTunes Gift cards, and WISH Gift cards.
- The provision of 24×7 customer support – Dedicated technical support is rendered round-the-clock in many languages. Customers can sort out queries and issues related to missing products, claiming refunds, order tracking, payments, and rewards.
- An integrated feedback system – Users can share feedback about the quality of goods and professionalism of the delivery executives on a scale of 1-5. They can post their opinion publicly in the integrated review system.
- A flexible return policy – Shoppers not satisfied with the quality of products can return them easily as their claims will be covered under the Woolworths Supermarket Return Policy. Customers can get refunds, exchange products, and also replace faulty goods with new items.
- Woolworths Partner Program – It is an affiliate program where a commission can be earned by existing users for every referral made to other people to encourage them to start shopping from the Woolworths clone app.
- Woolworths at Work – Not only individuals, even corporate companies can order products on the Woolworths clone and get them delivered quickly to their offices. The advantages include access to the most popular brands, the availability of more than 10,000 different products, hassle-free reordering of items, and free deliveries within 1 day for all orders above $99.
- Acceptance of multiple payment methods – Payments for the grocery orders can be easily made by customers through Credit cards (Woolworths Everyday Money and Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas), Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, Diners Club, the WISH Gift card, and cash.
- Other features – The extra features include real-time tracking of orders by the users, sharing of instant notifications, a barcode scanner for reordering, free pickup of groceries from more than 1000 locations for all orders above $30, and the availability of refrigerated fans to deliver fruits, vegetables, and seafood.
Interested In Launching An App Like Woolworths?
The detailed process behind Woolworths Clone App Development is
- Understanding the business goals of the enterprise beforehand.
- Conducting a market study to know the shopping trends and the strategies followed by other online grocery ordering platforms.
- Hiring various members for the project like mobile app developers, marketing specialists, finance managers, project managers, QA testers, and technical support staff.
- Adding all the necessary features and functionalities to the solution by utilizing low fidelity wireframes.
- Extensively testing the final version of the solution to remove all technical bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Launching the Woolworths grocery delivery clone at the right time in the market to get more business traction.
- Providing other services like technical support, maintenance, bug-fixing, and the issue of new software upgrades.
The online grocery delivery market in Australia is all set to rise to a whopping $4.2 billion by 2023 with a 15.3% annual growth rate predicted for the next five years. Woolworths will be an important player by offering greater convenience for users through a personalized shopping experience.
The future of Woolworths will see the company investing aggressively in opening more dark stores and distribution centers. It will also coordinate closely with the Australian farmers to offer more fresh products to customers.
With the trend of online grocery shopping all set to skyrocket in the future due to increased smartphone usage and better internet connectivity, this is the right time for entrepreneurs to get hold of the Woolworths clone now and make it big in the market soon.
Get in touch with our well-versed developer team
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.