On-demand Delivery apps are booming this quarantine season: Here’s how you can stay ahead in the marketAuthor Delivery App Development
Sheila Watt-Cloutier quotes, “People today are too concerned about saving time having convenience.” How true is this saying? The modern-day developers are working towards achieving these factors. The coronavirus pandemic has also made people think of an efficient and reliable source to get their services done. The pandemic is worsening with each passing day. Lock-downs across the globe have restricted people to their homes. But the need for essential services still hangs out. People need convenient services.
The development of on-demand delivery apps is providing answers to the demands of the people. Services are reaching their doorsteps. The on-demand delivery apps are unarguably time conserving. People can relax in their homes for services to be done. Food and groceries are delivered to people’s doorsteps in this quarantine season. With on-demand app development proving to be highly beneficial, the development of an on-demand delivery app is essential for a business owner.
How is the coronavirus pandemic promoting on-demand apps? What are the strategies to be followed by an on-demand delivery app? What are the precautions to be taken by delivery professionals?
How is the coronavirus pandemic promoting on-demand apps?
- People are confined to their homes looking for services. On-demand delivery apps are providing just that.
- In the wake of panic-buying, people are stocking up their inventories. They demand groceries.
- People fear to step out of their homes. Delivery apps resolve the fear of the people.
- Major restaurants are turning into delivery outlets. People can access restaurants only by placing food orders online. This is where the on-demand food delivery app thrives.
- The grocery stores accessible to people have all turned empty. Hence, people are switching to delivery apps, where they can purchase groceries.
It is evident that on-demand delivery apps are the only rays of hope this quarantine season. The reliability of people towards on-demand apps has increased manifold.
What are the strategies to be followed by on-demand delivery apps?
Delivery app solution is one of the easiest ways to launch your on-demand app for delivery. To cope up with increasing demand and the impact of coronavirus, there are certain strategies that can come in handy. Let us discuss them here,
- Adopting ‘contactless’ deliveries: According to the renowned scientist, Dr. Jeff Kwong, “It is safe to order food online with ‘contactless’ delivery options.” On-demand apps should consider adopting contactless delivery options. Contactless deliveries can lead to no external/physical contact between users and delivery professionals. Food and groceries are delivered without any contact at confined places in front of homes. This can curb the infection from spreading. Hence, on-demand delivery apps should enable contactless delivery options to their services.
- Have a stronghold on the network: On-demand delivery apps are built on various supply chains. They include service providers, the app site, and delivery professionals. Actions must be taken to hold the network together. In this quarantine season, all three disruptions to service providers are possible. They are,
- You may run out of service providers. For a food delivery app, restaurants are the service providers.
- Your app site may crash due to heavy traffic.
- You do not have enough delivery professionals to meet the demands of the app users.
Hence maintaining the network becomes a necessity. Platforms maintaining the network effectively in this pandemic season reap high revenues.
- Provide an emergency care kit: Users accessing the app, needn’t look around for different safety commodities. An emergency care kit can be instantly added to the cart of users. An emergency care kit may contain safety commodities like sanitizers, masks, etc., which are readily available. Users can avail them with a single tap on their app. This can increase site traffic and bring in more users towards the app.
- Hire delivery professionals based on Gig economy: Delivery professionals are integral parts of the food delivery network. To cope up with the increasing demand, food delivery platforms need to hire delivery professionals. In the last month, almost 3.3 million in the US registered to claim jobless benefits. Hence, hiring delivery professionals based on the flexible, temporary gig economy can be greatly beneficial. The giants of the industry have already begun to strode along this path to meet demands.
How can delivery professionals prevent themselves from this widespread infection?
- Use of protective gear: Delivery personnels must be provided with protective gear to safeguard themselves. Protective gear includes safety masks, gloves, etc. Delivery professionals come in direct contact with a diversified range of people. Hence, they should not act as carriers of infection. Proper care must be taken by food delivery platforms to provide their delivery professionals with protective gears.
- Proper hygiene and sanitation procedures: Delivery professionals need to be made well aware of proper hygiene and sanitation procedures. Proper hygiene can prevent the infection from spreading. Sanitizing every four hours with an alcohol sanitizer is mandatory this quarantine season. Food delivery platforms must provide sanitizers to their delivery personnels to break the transmission chain.
- Safe packaging: High touch surfaces can also cause infections. High touch surfaces are those that are in constant contact with different people. For example, in a food delivery service, handles of packages, edges of cutlery, etc., are high touch surfaces. To prevent infection, all food packages must be packed with an outer bag. This prevents any contact to be made by anyone during the transit.
What about providing multiple deliveries on the go?
Users accessing your app, can order food online, do grocery shopping, order medicines, all in a single app. Isn’t that interesting? This idea has led to the development of a multi-niche delivery app. People can order multiple deliveries on a single app. In this way, they needn’t switch apps to order and track different deliveries. A popular multi-services app, Gojek, is the pioneer of this type of multi-delivery service. In this quarantine season, people can find it a reliable and convenient way to track deliveries.
A Gojek clone app can be launched instantly in the market. With people looking for on-demand delivery solutions, your app can gain instant traction in the market. Multiple deliveries that can be included in the app include,
- Food delivery
- Grocery delivery
- Medicine delivery
You can add multiple services according to the demand of the market in your locality. The lockdowns of various nations are expected to prolong further following the massive outbreak. This can be an ideal time to venture into this business. The Gojek clone app can be obtained from various app development companies.
On-demand delivery apps are continuing to flourish this quarantine season. People have considered on-demand delivery apps to be reliable and time-saving. Doorstep services are the primary advantage of on-demand apps. Quick and quality delivery services can add to the trustworthiness of users towards the app. In this quarantine season, safety is first and foremost. Hence, utmost care must be taken to safeguard delivery professionals. Moreover, there are certain strategies that can add to the functioning of the app. These strategies can come in handy even if you are developing an on-demand delivery app. So, adopt safety precautions and prevent help the globe beat the pandemic.
Want to startup an on-demand delivery app?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.