Planning To Launch An UberEats Clone App In Malaysia? Read This To Know The Ins And Outs Of Developing The AppAuthor Delivery App Development, Food Delivery App Development, Technology, UberEats Clone
Modern advancements are crucial to human sustainability. Any invention for that matter aims to enhance people’s convenience at the end of the day. Even the food delivery industry has evolved over the years. Two decades back, people had two options, either dine-in or take-away. Either way, they need to visit restaurants. A decade back, restaurants introduced the delivery system. Customers can place orders over the phone and can expect doorstep deliveries. In recent years, people needn’t access restaurants or call them to place orders.
Entrepreneurs have come up with a unique idea to enhance customer convenience. What if there’s a virtual platform connecting multiple restaurants and people in need? Needless to say, this idea gained reception worldwide and has led to the rise of food delivery apps. Especially in Malaysia, where the online food delivery market is expected to reach $319.1 million by 2026, businesspersons are eyeing to embark on establishing their on-demand food delivery apps in this flourishing sector. Let’s break down the process step-by-step to launch a successful UberEats Clone in Malaysia.
“Everything begins with an idea”
The above quote from Earl Nightingale is apt for any entrepreneur all across the world. If you have answers to the following set of questions, you’re good to go. ‘What are the resources needed to develop a top-notch app? What makes my app unique from others? How do I perform the business? How do I generate revenue?’
Do not worry if you don’t have answers to these questions. The answers will come to you by the end of this blog.
“A big business starts small”
Even the business magnate Richard Branson has emphasized his theory with the above quote. The initial thing to do before venturing into food delivery app development is to identify the essential resources and equip yourselves with the same. Now, entrepreneurs need to take care of the three paramount requirements. They include,
- The market needs: Any business that fails to create an impression in the locality runs out of business in no time. Hence, conducting extensive market research to identify the expectations of your target audience becomes vital.
- Technical needs: You need to have an overall idea of the recent tech-stack that can help you create a robust food delivery app. Nowadays, business owners needn’t worry about this need as app development companies take care of this aspect.
- Financial needs: Dreams become a reality only if you couple them with the necessary capital or funds. It is pointless to venture into app development without a restricted budget. Hence, predetermining your budget to run the business becomes imperative.
“Build a business around your strengths”
Scottish entrepreneur, Duncan Bannatyne, has observed what it takes to run a business with the above quote. Once you satisfy your needs with the necessary resources, you’ll need to know how to run the UberEats Clone business. There are several business models that you can choose to run your online platform. Let’s discuss some of the most popular ones here,
- Order-only model: The idea behind this model is that your platform bridges the gap between restaurants and customers by accepting orders alone. Once the restaurant has received the order, they process and deliver them to people’s doorsteps. While there’s no tiresome work involved in this model, the revenue generated from your business will be significantly lower.
- Order and delivery model: As the name implies, your platform receives food orders and assigns it to specified restaurants. Besides, you assign delivery workers who pick up food orders from these food outlets and drop them at customers’ locations. Integrating the delivery chain can significantly add to the total revenue yielded from the business.
- Fully-integrated model: If your resources include your own kitchens and food hubs, you can opt for this model. Users place food orders through your platform, your integrated kitchen prepares the food, and your delivery professionals will drop them at customer locations. Among the three business models discussed here, this model can help you gain maximum revenue.
“The ultimate resource in economic development is people”
The father of modern management, Peter Drucker, believes it is the audience who has the last say in the business’ sustainability with this quote. Now, what does it take to attract the audience towards your platform? Among all the other aspects that can lure the audience, it is the user interface and features that can make all the difference in an online food delivery app. Let’s discuss them here,
It is the interface that creates a first impression of the app among the users. Your users should navigate through the app with ease and must find what they are looking for in a flash. Hence, providing a simple, user-friendly, and intuitive app design or framework is critical during app development.
When it comes to the features, your app must be unique to the audience. It must offer an enriched app experience to users. Some of the stand-apart features worth considering in your platform include,
- An in-app wallet, wherein users can pay for food orders instantly without entering their account details every time for payment processing.
- To achieve a global presence and assure the maximum satisfaction among users, a multi-lingual support system that helps users access the app in the language of their choice is vital.
- To avoid delays in delivering orders, your app needs an in-built delivery radius setting feature. The admin of the app has complete control over this feature.
- A heat map showing areas of higher demand can come in handy. Aided by real-time analytics, admin can apply surge pricings and can reroute delivery professionals to such areas.
“Business is a money game with few rules and a lot of risks”
The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, has summed up the critical aspect of doing business with his quote. Any business needs to yield an economy to survive in the capitalistic world. The ways of generating revenue include,
- Commissions: The restaurants that sign up with your platform enjoy a boost in sales through your customers. Hence, you can receive a commission fee for every order placed via the app.
- Delivery fee: Your customers enjoy enhanced convenience by availing of doorstep deliveries. You charge them a delivery fee for the same.
- Advertising fee: Marketing fellow business brands through your platform can help you generate income, as well.
Besides, you can also reap revenues from surge pricings, rolling out subscription plans, and many more.
We hope this blog has provided you answers to all your queries regarding the development of a food delivery app. Launching a food delivery app in Malaysia is a piece of cake, with the government welcoming startups with open hands. What if an app development company can assist you entirely by developing the best-in-class online food delivery platform?
At Appdupe, we provide you 360-degree app development solutions to help you scale your business in the shortest turnaround time possible. Get in touch with our experts, tell us your visions, get our custom-built UberEats Clone, and establish your food delivery business entity in Malaysia instantly!
Launch your UberEats Clone with AppDupe’s best-in-class solutions.
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.