5 Simple Steps to Propel Your UberEats Clone to the People amid the Covid-19 SituationAuthor Delivery App Development, Food Delivery App Development, Technology, UberEats Clone
The fear of contracting the deadly virus is pushing people to self-isolate and detach themselves from their daily routines. The COVID-19 pandemic came as a monumental blow to the health and the economic sectors of the world. While frontline workers are battling the virus, industrialists and entrepreneurs are incurring heavy losses due to the unavailability of resources and lockdown norms.
However, if there is one sector posing an upsurge in trends, it is the on-demand app industry. People, who had on-demand food and grocery delivery apps as a substitute, are beginning to avail of and enjoy their services. However, a majority of people are still concerned about the safety of food orders. This concern has led entrepreneurs to deploy their on-demand food delivery app with perfect safety standards. Let’s look at five simple precautionary measures to ensure an UberEats Clone to gain massive reception among the target audience.
‘Regulate the network like a king’
A food delivery network usually consists of the restaurant, delivery executive, and the user app. Your primary objective with the platform is to maintain the different entities coextensively. Let’s get into the detail here,
- While signing up with restaurants, draft agreements that are easier for local chains to sign up with you. As the number of restaurants in your platforms increases, the higher are the chances of sustainability. This is a golden mean situation for you and restaurant owners. In this pandemic situation, deliveries are the only means of reaching out to customers for these restaurants. Even after the COVID scenario is over, restaurants can supplement this online income with their regular sales.
- Consider assigning delivery workers on the ‘gig’ economy. The pandemic has resulted in almost 39 million job losses, according to the IMF. By hiring freelance or part-time workers, you save a considerable amount of your budget, while delivery professionals enjoy their income source.
- Every strategy goes in vain if your app site cannot sustain user traffic. It is advisable to manage your servers and databases efficiently so that the users experience seamless navigation.
‘Implement strategies like a minister’
For regulating the system, you need to implement specific strategies for the efficient functioning of your food delivery platform. These include,
- Encouraging zero contact deliveries with users and delivery professionals can break the virus transmission chain. The contactless distribution system, if implemented, can prevent people from acting as unknown ‘carriers.’ To supplement this strategy, you can disable ‘cash on delivery’ for users during checkout. Adopting digital modes of transactions can be safe and swift in this quarantine situation.
- Incorporate a report feature, wherein users can cancel orders due to the non-compliance of the safety norms by delivery workers. This feature can be extended to restaurants, too, if the food is below par or considered unsafe by users.
‘Scrutinize safety like a health officer’
To enhance your users’ trustworthiness, it is your responsibility to certify that your platform’s food orders are free from contamination.
- Restaurants, being your grassroots, need the highest level of safety measures. Before signing up with eateries, make sure they adhere to strict hygiene procedures. These procedures include safety gear for restaurant personnel, periodic washing of kitchen utensils, frequent temperature monitoring, etc.
- Now that you have assured the safety of food, you need to authenticate the same with food packages. Instruct restaurants to offer a double layer of packaging to avoid any contamination. It is advisable to spend on Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) for delivery workers rather than losing reliability with users. Offering hand sanitizers to delivery workers can also prevent community spread to a considerable extent.
‘Lure the audience like a captivating merchant’
People in your locality must know about your platform and the services you offer.
- It would help if you establish your brand with your target audience, and the only way to do that is by promoting your app. Nowadays, there are several mobile app marketing services offered by various seasoned experts in the field. These marketing strategies can strikingly make all the difference it takes to launch a successful food delivery app.
- Even if you aren’t availing of these services, you can always rely on ‘word of mouth’ marketing. Attract users by providing them enticing offers and discounts. According to a study by Nielsen, almost 92% of the consumers believe recommendations from fellow friends and relatives, when compared to any other form of advertising.
‘Instruct users and executives like a saint’
Researchers are racking their brains to create a vaccine for the Coronavirus, leaving us with social distancing and prevention in the first place; the only means to prevent widespread infection.
- Awareness of the disease to delivery professionals is crucial, as it guarantees their lives as well as the safety of food orders. You can instruct the workers regarding the modes of disease spread, the dos, and don’ts while handling food orders, etc. Besides, verifying if they are complying with your instructions from time-to-time can be the best way to prevent disease transmission.
- The same applies to users, as well. It is pointless in taking maximum efforts if users do not follow ideal sanitation procedures. Providing critical information and safety tips from experts can help users stay super cautious. Strategies like contactless deliveries and cashless transactions are awareness creators that users can implement anywhere to remain safe.
These simple yet productive steps can be the ladders of your food delivery platform’s success. As an entrepreneur, you must take up multiple roles like that of a king, minister, and so on, as mentioned above.
At Appdupe, we assist you entirely with a top-notch UberEats Clone app that makes your tasks easier as a business owner. Schedule a meeting and tell us your aspirations regarding your online delivery platform. We’ll deploy the best minds to scale your app and make a mark for yourselves in the market!
Ready to implement these steps in your app? Contact us now.
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.