MyFitnessPal Clone: How to develop an App like MyFitnessPal (A Complete Guide)Author Myfitnesspal Clone
The fast-paced life we live now has led us to compromise our fitness and health. Consumption of junk food has harmed our body balance and led to the weakening of our physical health. We hardly do any exercises and workouts and sit like couch potatoes all day. This leads to a significant gain in fat and weight.
MyFitnessPal aims to change that through its free app that takes care of calorie counting, diet planning, sharing of information about different exercises, and weight management for the fitness freaks. The online platform also has an extensive database of 11 million food items to ensure transparent sharing of nutritional information to users. The MyFitnessPal app can be utilized 24×7 by users for working out and tracking their performance regularly over a period.
Some insightful statistics related to online fitness apps like MyFitnessPal
- The global digital fitness market will generate a huge revenue of $298.30 billion by 2026 with a 31.25% growth rate every year.
- The Asia-Pacific market will grow at a higher annual rate of 33.46% from 2021 to 2026 than the North-American market (28.35%).
- The major players in the online fitness industry are Adidas, Google, Lenovo, Nike, Samsung, and MyFitnessPal (earlier owned by Under Armour).
- The total downloads of health and fitness apps increased by 46% according to a World Economic Forum (WEF) report published in September 2020.
- More than 200 million users utilized the MyFitnessPal app in 2020.
Why do entrepreneurs have to create an app like MyFitnessPal?
With strict social distancing norms imposed by different governments across the world, people cannot visit fitness centers and gyms now. Hence, user-friendly online fitness apps like MyFitnessPal are a viable alternative. The future of a personalized fitness experience will be powered by advanced technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and the Internet of Things (IoT). Entrepreneurs can get more users with positive trends like the increased usage of smartphones, better access to the Internet, and greater sale of wearable devices.
Appdupe provides smoothly working Android and iOS apps for the users and fitness coaches, a web panel, and an ultra-modern admin dashboard for entrepreneurs as part of MyFitnessPal clone app development.
How AppDupe develops the cutting-edge MyFitnessPal clone app?
- Recognizing the business needs – and operational scope of the client firm.
- Deeply studying other online fitness apps – in the market, their user-oriented strategies, and the general style of functioning.
- Developing the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) – of an app like MyFitnessPal. It contains all the core features for doing exercises and workouts, data analysis, meal management, and customer support.
- Adding all the required functionalities – in the MyFitnessPal clone app.
- Extensively testing – the final version of the MyFitnessPal clone app. The QA testers remove bugs and vulnerabilities and make the online fitness app in perfect working condition.
- Launching a readily deployable app like MyFitnessPal – in the market at an appropriate time. The platform starts registering thousands of new users.
- Promoting the various advantages – of the MyFitnessPal clone app across online health forums and different social media networks.
The attractive features of an app like MyFitnessPal
- Access to a Food diary – It stores all important information about the nutrition and recipes of various dishes and meals. Users can know their level of fitness and compare it with their goals by viewing the Food diary regularly.
- Availability of insightful articles and blogs – The MyFitnessPal clone app is filled with inspirational success stories of how people stayed fit through extensive exercises and step-by-step transformation of their bodies.
- Seamless integration with other health apps – The MyFitnessPal clone app supports integration with multiple digital fitness apps like Apple HealthKit, Fitbit, Garmin, and Samsung Health.
- The presence of subscription plans – The fitness enthusiasts can utilize the premium plans available monthly or yearly to achieve their health goals. It provides benefits like the absence of any advertisements, support from a personalized fitness coach, a state-of-the-art dashboard, and the availability of detailed performance reports.
- The provision of 24×7 customer support – Technical support is available for the members of an app like MyFitnessPal to solve any issues they face while using the online platform.
Lead the online fitness revolution by coming out with an app like MyFitnessPal
What are some of the advanced features in the MyFitnessPal clone app?
- Automatic subtraction of calories based on the number of exercises done by the users every day.
- A download option where the fitness freaks can analyze their performance reports by viewing them offline on their devices.
- Real-time tracking of carbohydrates, fat, and proteins through either grams or percentage.
- Access to discussions by other members of an app like MyFitnessPal related to bodybuilding, challenges/contests, diet, nutrition, and weight management.
- Easy sharing of data with numerous activity and step tracking apps, wearables, and exercise equipment.
How does an app like MyFitnessPal function?
- The users install the MyFitnessPal clone app on their devices and become a member.
- The admin will authorize the users’ accounts after verifying the submitted information.
- The fitness instructors create their profiles on an app like MyFitnessPal. The admin approves their registration after checking their background and work experience.
- The customers can view the list of fitness services like exercises, nutrition, food, and recipes.
- They select the required fitness service and start working out in their homes themselves with or without equipment.
- Interested users can become premium members by paying for the monthly or yearly subscription plan offered by the FitnessPal clone app.
- The users can rate the quality of the online fitness app in the integrated feedback system. They can also share their opinions and views about the professionalism of the fitness coaches.
3 Important Tips for users to make the most of the MyFitnessPal clone app
- Work out in a spacious and ventilated place for performing exercises. This ensures the best results without any discomfort and strain.
- Interact with other people in your fitness community to know the latest workout trends. Discussions can be initiated in the Message Board and responses will be received instantly.
- Verify if the online fitness platform follows the guidelines of laws like the General Data Protection Regulation and the California Consumer Privacy Act for safeguarding health data and ensuring privacy.
What is the Business model of an app like MyFitnessPal?
Entrepreneurs can earn huge revenue from different sources like subscription plans, transaction processing fees if the users utilize the in-built payment gateway, a commission from the fitness coaches/trainers for conducting an online session, publishing targeted advertisements related to personal healthcare and fitness equipment, and cancellation fees if the members revoke their subscriptions.
The major expenses of running the MyFitnessPal clone app will be in paying commission to the fitness instructors for their work, implementing large-scale digital marketing campaigns, maintenance, and providing customer support.
What is the total budget for MyFitnessPal clone app development?
The cost of creating an app like MyFitnessPal relies on different aspects such as the selection of features (basic and premium), the development duration, the choice of frameworks and technologies, the hourly or monthly rate incurred for paying off the developers, API integration, cross-platform compatibility, and the overall level of customization.
The dynamics of fitness has changed post the onslaught of the Covid-19 pandemic. More time is being spent by users on online apps like MyFitnessPal leading to greater traffic and market share. Ambitious entrepreneurs can enter the profitable online fitness market by creating a MyFitnessPal clone app in partnership with the team of AppDupe.
Make a splash in the digital fitness market by bringing forward an app like MyFitnessPal
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.