Kitchen Display System: Increase the Operational Efficiency of Your Restaurant Food OrdersAuthor Delivery App Development, Kitchen Display System, Technology, UberEats Clone
A Kitchen display system completely automates the backend operations for a restaurant. It can be installed anywhere in the restaurant, on the walls, ceilings, wire-racks, and window sills. All the information about the orders made by the customers will be quickly shared with the Kitchen display software and the Point of Sale (POS) system.
Daily performance updates will be displayed ensuring that the restaurant constantly improves its business metrics. The restaurants can use it for analyzing the trends observed in sales over a period, forecast the inventory levels for the future, update the menus, take care of the employees’ needs, and implement loyalty programs easily.
It can be used by cafes, bars, pubs, casinos, franchises, roadside eateries, food trucks, hotels, food courts, and quick-service restaurants.
The demand for Kitchen display systems will skyrocket in the future due to factors like the need for faster order processing, the rise of online food delivery apps, and priority towards aspects like efficient inventory management and waste control. Kitchen display software will be required more in developing countries than in underdeveloped regions. The markets of the USA, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany will lead the growth wave. It is expected to yield a whopping revenue of $6.94 billion in 2025 with a rapid growth rate of 14.6% every year.
The notable aspects of a Kitchen Display System are
- Order optimization – through full digitization leading to a huge increase in the turnaround time. Orders can be taken through online platforms, authorized third-party channels, and kiosks for dine-in, takeaway, and home delivery.
- Seamless integration – with the POS system, kiosk booking facility, online ordering app, and website of the restaurant.
- The issue of real-time alerts – about the new orders raised by customers and pending orders yet to be fulfilled by the restaurant. This ensures that the staff of the restaurant give high priority towards finishing urgent tasks.
- Alerting the cooks – through sound notifications and blinking of lights to draw their attention towards new orders in the restaurant.
- A meal manager – where food items such as drinks, desserts, and beverages can be easily combined while serving a diners’ table.
- Information about the time – taken for cooking a dish is known beforehand ensuring an accurate prediction of the time at which the order reaches the customers’ table.
- Live tracking – of the inventory levels of all the raw materials and necessary ingredients reducing chances of any theft or wastage.
- No chance of manipulation or misuse – through the implementation of top-notch safety measures like Fingerprint scanning and magnetic stripe reading
- Ethernet connectivity – for smooth offline functioning in case of any Internet disruption.
- Information is shared quickly – to the waiters’ mobile device or tablet when the order is ready to be taken to the customers’ table.
- Multi-platform compatibility – as it can run seamlessly on Android and iOS mobile apps and desktop browsers.
- A facility to issue – special discounts, gift cards, and offers from time to time for the diners.
- A dark theme option – to suit low-light kitchen environments.
- The issue of late time alerts and caution messages – if there is a delay in the processing of an order beyond the stipulated time.
- Remote device monitoring – by the managers of the restaurant for database management, data recovery, and configuration of the power on/off schedules.
- Integration with employee activity – The on/off times of employees will be displayed in the Kitchen display system to ensure that only the available staff provide their services to the customers.
- Acceptance of multiple payment methods – Transactions can be done instantly by the diners through debit cards, credit cards, cash, online banking transfers, and digital wallets.
- Advanced reservation facilities – Since customers can book tables beforehand, the information related to all the reservations can also be easily stored and accessed quickly.
- Usage of different colors – Various colors can be allotted for takeaway, dine-in, and home delivery of orders to remove any ambiguity.
- 24×7 customer support – is rendered in numerous languages.
Procure a feature-packed Kitchen Display System now
The various advantages offered by the Kitchen Display Software are
- Eliminates chances of errors – during communication between the waiters and the kitchen staff.
- No possibility of missing any orders – as there is not a single chance of misplacement or loss of orders as all the details entered while taking the orders are immediately shared with the cooks in the kitchen.
- Increase in the satisfaction of customers – as orders will be speedily delivered.
- Digitization of order management – helps in saving paper costs leading to a more environment-friendly way of running the business.
- Adherence to the first-come-first-serve basis – helps in avoiding confusion while taking orders.
- A highly friendly user interface – that can be utilized by the staff without the need to undergo any training.
- Helps in the efficient management of menus – by displaying the top-selling food items at the top to facilitate faster checkout for the customers.
- Effective table management – by customizing the floor plan of the restaurant and adjusting it for large gatherings and parties. The layouts can be easily changed using click and drag buttons. It allows both the transfer and merging of tables to suit the diners’ requirements perfectly.
- Efficient bill management – It gives ample flexibility to the customers as they can go for options like split billing and individual checkout.
- Reduction in food wastage – by forecasting the total requirements of a kitchen for a certain duration.
- Helps in converting a one-time guest into a regular visitor – boosting the business prospects significantly.
- Easy sharing of vital information – like dietary needs, allergies of the customers, and other special requests directly to the staff of the restaurant before they process the order of the diners.
The different factors to take into account before getting a Kitchen Display System for the restaurant
- The total price to incur in the form of hardware and software costs, installation, maintenance, and the provision of regular software updates to keep it functioning continuously.
- The ease of usage and how it helps in improving the daily tasks either by reducing expenses or saving time for the restaurant staff.
- The facilities to add new features like label printing, text messaging, and integration with CRM.
- The various add-on elements provided like cloud platform integration, a cash drawer, a receipt printer, an EMV- enabled credit card reader, on-table kiosks, pay-at-table devices, and pre-configuration of devices to enable smooth hardware and software support.
- Provision of warranty plans along with a hardware replacement policy.
- In case, a subscription plan is offered by the Kitchen display software provider, it must not have any upfront costs, license fees, and lock-in contracts.
As seen above, a Kitchen display system is a must-have for restaurants to modernize their business operations and thrive in the highly competitive industry. The benefits will outweigh the costs in the long run leading to the achievement of all the objectives of the restaurant.
Get a multi-functional Kitchen Display Software soon
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.