Superpeer Clone: Launch a Video Mentoring Platform To Bridge Influencers & Experts with FollowersAuthor Video Mentoring Platform Development, Zoom Clone
What’s more enjoyable when people can establish connections with their favorite influencers over a virtual one to one medium? In this digital era, video calling has become mandatory, with someone living down the streets or across the country. Besides, experts or influencers in any field need to establish a form of connection with their followers. What if these influencers can gain money by providing one to one sessions with their followers? This idea has led to the rise of a successful startup Superpeer, an online video mentorship app that has already raised $2 million in pre-seed funding, and an additional $8 million in additional funding.
This emerging platform is gaining massive attention among the audience throughout the world. With people confined to their homes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, connecting with influencers can be a great way to relax and rejuvenate. From the influencers’ perspective, they can earn a living by sharing their tips and strategies with followers. In this blog, let’s discuss the development of a video mentoring app like Superpeer.
Superpeer Clone – The Next Big Thing in 1:1 Online Video Mentorship
Launched at the beginning of 2020, Superpeer has gained the investor’s eye right from day 1. The startup’s primary aim is to provide one-on-one sessions between followers and experts (Superpeers) who are willing to share their knowledge. Superpeer deducts 15% of the payments made to influencers as commissions.
Within just months since its launch, the platform announced that it had raised $2 million in pre-seed funding, led by Eniac Ventures. Currently, in November, the startup has announced $8 million additional funding, propelling the total funding to $10 million. In addition, the platform has introduced paid channels as well. Launching a Superpeer clone at this time would be the perfect opportunity.
What’s a Video Mentoring app?
The idea behind online mentoring platforms finds its roots in celebrity/influencers’ video-chatting platforms. Similar to apps like Cameo, CelebVM, etc., users connect with their favorite celebrities/influencers. These celebrities/influencers can be actors, writers, musicians, experts, and many more. An entrepreneur creates a virtual medium, bridging the gap between users and influencers.
While users enjoy their quality time, influencers gain money simultaneously, leading to a win-win situation. The need for this video mentoring platform is more than ever. If you are an entrepreneur looking for a potential breakthrough in the smartphone application industry, do not miss out on this lucrative business opportunity. Opt for a Video mentoring platform development and launch an app like Superpeer.
What are the stages involved in Superpeer clone – Video mentoring platform development?
Similar to any other app development, developing an app like Superpeer involves certain prominent stages that need the utmost care and attention. The steps involved include,
- Designing the UI/UX of the platform
- Efficient back-end development
- Developing the front-end
- Video streaming protocol integration
- Testing and launching the app
Let’s discuss these multiple stages with the necessary tech-stack in the upcoming section.
App design creates an instant impact
An intuitive design can attract a wide range of audiences towards the platform. A minimalistic approach, guiding users through the app seamlessly, can do the trick. The steps involved in app design include,
- Final design
You’ll need one or two graphic designers by your side to aid you through the entire design process.
Tech-stack – Node.js, Spark for the framework, and app design.
Features can make your Superpeer clone stand apart
Front-end development involves integrating features and functionalities into the video mentoring platform. Unique features can draw more audience towards your platform. Let’s discuss some of the stand-apart features of user app, celebrity app, and the admin panel here,
Features of User app:
- User Registration: Users can register with the app by either providing valid credentials or through their social media handles.
- Search and filter: Users can search for their favorite influencers with this in-built search option and narrow down their results with the filter options.
- In-built video player: Users can play the shout-out videos or attend sessions of their favorite celebrities through the video player. This feature eliminates the need for third-party platforms.
- Push notifications: Users get reminders on their sessions, app updates, etc., through push notifications.
- Ratings and Reviews: Users can rate and review their experience with celebrities through this feature.
- Geolocation: Users get to know influencers near their location with this geolocation feature.
Features of Expert/Influencer app:
- Registration: Influencers/experts get to register with the video chatting app by specifying the necessary information. They can link their social media handles if need be.
- Sync calendars: Influencers/experts get to know their schedules well in advance with this calendar feature. Besides, they manage to make informed decisions like accepting a video session, delivering shout-outs, etc.
- Privacy settings: Influencers/experts get to manage their profiles’ privacy settings. From making it public or only allowing their followers to view their content, they have the final say.
- Share links: Influencers/experts can share their links on various platforms, letting users and followers know about sessions. This way, celebrities get to multiply their revenue while the platform engages more traffic.
- Manage payments: Influencers/experts get to know their earnings on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis with this feature.
Features of Admin panel:
- Manage users and celebrities: The admin can view and manage the profiles of both users and personalities from a single place.
- Verified badges: The admin gets to verify the authenticity of celebrities signing up with the platform. Upon verification, the celebrity gets a verified badge next to his/her name.
- Real-time analytics: The admin gets real-time reports and analytics, knowing the areas of improvements, thereby making informed business decisions.
- Manage transactions: The admin manages transactions from the user end to the celebrity end after the necessary commission cut-down.
In case you are building an Android & iOS app, you may need to join hands with both Android & iOS developers. The tech-stack involved in front-end development includes programming languages like Swift, Kotlin, Java, Objective C, etc.
Video streaming is made easy with this state-of-the-art protocol
Establishing real-time communication lays the foundation for online mentorship platforms. Integrating a video streaming protocol makes it easier for two parties to share audio/video. WebRTC is a secure protocol that is in use with most of the video streaming/chatting apps.
Do not forget the back-end development
Servers and databases play a crucial role in the efficient functioning of the platform. Cloud servers are economical, robust, and can update instantly. It is pointless in providing an aesthetically pleasing front-end without an efficient back-end. Right from storing details to processing payments, you need to provide the utmost care in making the back-end more secure, flexible, and reliable.
You’ll need a back-end developer for this video mentoring platform development stage. For databases, the tech-stack includes MySQL, Oracle. Similarly, for cloud servers, Amazon AWS or Amazon S3 is preferable.
Monetization strategies that can fill your pockets
With a video chatting platform like Cameo or Superpeer, generating revenue is a cakewalk. Some of the revenue streams worth considering include,
- Subscription charges: You can roll out the premium version of the platform for users who pay the subscription charges. While users enjoy enticing benefits, you can enjoy a steady source of income.
- In-app advertising: In-app advertising is quite common among the current generation of entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs can generate revenues based on impressions, clicks, etc.
- Commissions: For every payment made by the user to an influencer, the platform owner receives a fixed percentage of it as paid commissions.
Avail of Appdupe’s highly scalable clone app solutions
With over a decade of expertise in the app development field, Appdupe knows what it takes to build a successful smartphone application. Appdupe’s clone app solutions are pocket-friendly, time-conserving, and highly reliable. Did you know that our Zoom clone – video chatting app solution comes with cutting-edge features, seamless UI/UX, and a robust back-end, enabling you to gain instant traction among the audience? Transforming the Zoom clone into a video chat app like Superpeer takes only a matter of a few days. Moreover, a seasoned team of experts develops the app according to the latest market trends with an advanced tech-stack.
Entrepreneurs can capitalize on this demanding situation by launching Virtual mentorship portals like Superpeer. By following the stages mentioned above, you can eliminate various hurdles down the app development road. Our experts at Appdupe can assist you in all possible ways of making your platform a success among your target audience.
Reach out to us, tell us your needs, and instantly transform your ideas into a top-notch video chat platform!
Looking to startup a one to one video chat app like Superpeer?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.