Why Entrepreneurs needn’t hesitate to invest in an on-demand Delivery app development solution?Author Delivery App Development, On-demand delivery app development, Successful Business Ideas COVID-19
“Not missiles, but microbes,” is what Bill Gates quoted back in 2015. He stressed that the nations of the globe weren’t equipped enough to face a pandemic. Fast forward five years, and here we are battling the Coronavirus with the virus taking the upper hand. The outbreak has left us stranded with massive loss of human lives and the disruption of the global economy. Industries are facing a major down surge, much higher than the Global Economic recess of 2008-09.
Even in these unforeseen circumstances, smartphones are acting as elixirs of human lives. Aided by modern technology, these phones are acting as a one-stop destination for people. The revolution of on-demand apps has come to the limelight amid all these struggles. These smartphone applications are seeing an increase in customer engagements, with more people inclining towards them. Entrepreneurs looking for a breakthrough can utilize this opportunity to scale their business among the masses. In this blog, let’s take an in-depth view of how a delivery app development solution can help you enhance your business entity.
People are opting for delivery options from various services
An on-demand delivery app is, by far, the most viable business option entrepreneurs can opt for. With that being said, what are the business options available to start an online delivery platform? Let’s discuss them in brief here,
- Grocery delivery services: Long queues and empty shelves in grocery stores have made people lookout for alternatives. Apps like Instacart, Walmart Grocery, etc., are witnessing enormous demands ever since the lockdown. In fact, Instacart has hired 300,000 workers and is planning to hire 250,000 more to cope with people’s demands.
- Food delivery services: There’s two-way traffic in the case of food delivery platforms. Major restaurants are turning into delivery outlets, as per government norms. People’s orders are increasing with each passing day. According to resources, Grubhub has signed with 20,000 restaurants in March and has experienced a 12% increase in YoY growth.
- Milk delivery services: Just like food, people are demanding doorstep milk deliveries. Milk has become an integral part of human lives. According to the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO), the global consumption of milk increases by 7 to 9 million tons per year.
It is the features that shape up a best-in-class delivery app
Features attract users rapidly when compared to any other characteristic of the app. Let’s discuss the vital features here,
Features of User app:
- User registration either through email IDs or social media handles.
- Search and filter options to sort out products instantly.
- Virtual Cart to add products seamlessly.
- Multiple payment options to pay for orders.
- Real-time tracking to identify the status of their orders.
- Cancel orders in case one changes their mind or due to emergencies.
- Ratings and reviews to share their order experience.
- Order history to view previous orders.
- Refer and earn by inviting friends and family.
- Re-order for instant checkout.
Features of Delivery Executive app:
- Log in/Sign up by providing valid credentials.
- Upload documents for verification of the admin.
- Availability toggle to switch between their availability easily.
- Pick-up multiple orders for conserving time and energy.
- Accept/reject requests based on their convenience.
- Push notifications to notify drivers on orders.
- In-app chat/call to communicate with users and service providers.
Features of Service Provider app:
Service providers can be grocery stores, restaurants, or milk retailers, depending on the services you offer.
- Registration by specifying essential details.
- Availability slider to switch between their operating hours.
- Manage orders for timely deliveries.
- Geolocation to track delivery personnel
- Accept/reject scheduling based on their availability.
- Earnings dashboard to view daily, monthly, and annual earnings.
- Real-time availability of menu to enhance user reliability.
The delivery app offers multiple ways of monetization
The on-demand delivery application offers revenue from multiple sources. Some of the common ways include,
- Commission fee: You connect service providers with users in need through your virtual platform. Hence, for every payment generated by the service provider, you are entitled to receive a certain part of it as commission fees. The higher the number of payments, the greater is the revenue generated through the app.
- Subscription plans: Users can enjoy exclusive benefits by unlocking the premium version of the app. To do so, they pay a fixed amount of money, either monthly or annually. This adds to the source of revenue generation, as well.
- Delivery charges: Users avail doorstep deliveries through your platform. Your delivery network makes sure they get convenient services. Hence, you charge users for a delivery fee during their checkout. By hiring delivery executives for a fixed salary, you can enjoy this charge as a part of your income.
- In-app advertising: This marketing strategy adds to a significant source of revenue generation, as well. You can advertise fellow business entities through your app. By displaying their ad banners for a fixed timeframe, you can generate income.
Thus, it is clear that entrepreneurs can reap revenues from this on-demand delivery business.
The potential market for Super apps is wide open
Now, Super apps are multi-services apps offering multiple services through a single app. Apps like Gojek, WeChat, etc., have already ventured into the market, gaining immense popularity. Now, why should one invest in a multi-services app? Let’s discuss a few reasons here,
- Increased chances of success: In this fast-paced world, sustaining your app for an increased timeframe has become a matter of concern. By offering multiple services through a single app, you can ensure several users towards the app. This way, you can significantly increase the chances of your success in your business.
- Enhanced customer retention: Retaining customers is a skill, and you can master it with our Gojek clone. The app acts as a one-stop-shop for users. Customers needn’t switch across different apps for services. Your single app caters to their needs, thereby promoting customer retention.
- Yields significant ROI: Your app offers multiple services, thereby giving wings to your business. You can boost your ROI significantly by investing in such a vast market. Several users access different services, pouring revenues from different sources.
The cost to develop a delivery platform depends on your needs
Any entrepreneur desires for fewer investments and more returns. The budget to develop an on-demand delivery services app depends on the requirements of the business owners. Some of the factors influencing the budget include,
- The number of platforms you wish to launch your app
- The features that you integrate into the app
- The team assisting you to develop the app
- The promotion and support for the app
- The technologies you use to build the app
- The location of app development
The market for on-demand apps is experiencing an unprecedented surge since the start of the pandemic. People who enjoy affordable, reliable, and convenient services have identified the importance of these apps. The market is set to house multiple competitors who are coming up with new business ideas. Entrepreneurs needn’t worry about their ROI, as the on-demand delivery services app offers multiple revenue generation sources. Stand-apart features can scale the Gojek clone app offering multiple services among the masses.
We, at Appdupe, offer you best-in-class services according to your budget and specifications. Schedule a session with us and tell us your visions about the app. We’ll help you climb the ladders of success in no time.
Looking to startup an on-demand delivery app?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.