An outlook on the popularity of the TikTok clone app and its alternativesAuthor Tik Tok Clone App
TikTok is a platform for creating and sharing short videos. It allows users to create and share funny videos while singing, dancing, or lip-syncing their favorite tunes. Douyin was launched in September 2016. In the following year, the same software as Douyin was launched all around the world as TikTok. It currently has 800 million active users worldwide. An app like TikTok has put up the competition with giants like YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook. As of 2019, it is available in 155 countries. The uniqueness of TikTok script is one of the main reasons for its popularity. Musical.ly works similarly to that of TikTok. As a result, ByteDance (TikTok’s parent company) acquired Musical.ly in late 2017 and merged it with TikTok.
Social media apps are trending among users. According to GlobalWebIndex, it is estimated that 41 percent of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24. But it is a bit of a head-scratcher among the older generation.
Measures were undertaken by Tiktok to support COVID times:
- The frontline workers are putting their lives at stake for the benefits of others. TikTok is grateful for their contribution, and it’s supporting them through the provision of $150M in funds toward medical staffing, supplies, and hardship relief for health care workers.
- It also contributed $15M to the CDC Foundation that offers a helping hand for the local healthcare workers.
- The education sector is affected by the pandemic, admin of Education Institutions are vague of the reopening, as they are panic-stricken about the deadly virus contraction. TikTok is providing $50M in grants to educators, lecturers, and those NGOs who are doing their best to provide education during these tough times.
- TikTok donated $10M to the WHO’s COVID Solidarity Response Fund to support the Public health care professionals who are leading the efforts to curb the spread of Coronavirus.
- It has taken up measures to avoid the spread of misinformation about Coronavirus. The feature will allow users to report content that they believe contains false information within the platform.
Reason for the popularity of TikTok:
Tiktok has over 500 million users worldwide, and it was one of the most downloaded apps in 2019 on both iOS and Android. It is a result of the amalgamation of two apps: musical.ly and Douyin. These booming market trends led to the development of numerous TikTok clone scripts. Let’s take a look at the factors which result in the extensive use of TikTok.
- It is a community-led app, that if someone starts a challenge with a hashtag. Other users follow it. Soon it becomes viral. These challenges can come and go quite quickly, but the challenges that are picked up by celebrities or online influencers carry the most momentum.
- Young people crave attention. These platforms appeal to young users as they make small video clips and share them on social media platforms.
- People can follow other accounts and create a feed of new content from the creators they enjoy most. There is also a ‘For You’ feed that shows a random assortment of videos from others. This mechanism offers an endless thread of new things to watch and fuels the apps’ highly addictive nature.
- Apps act as a medium for people to capture the attention of celebrities as even the smallest things go viral in TikTok.
- It also has features to create memes. People can repurpose audio footage from other videos and create their unique content.
TikTok clone app scripts have all the salient features of TikTok. Business owners can become part of this trending market with their clone scripts.
New ventures of App like TikTok
- An IIT alumnus launched an android application named Mitron. Mitron was ideated and launched in the lines of the TikTok app.
- It has been downloaded over 5 million times since its launch in April 2020. Due to its popularity, several apps with similar M letter logos have surfaced on the internet.
- Another new competitor for TikTok is Zyan. It is entirely a TikTok clone. The core interface is identical, and both are oriented around watching short portrait-orientation videos. The significant distinction is a countdown timer with a dollar sign in the middle that hovers over every video on Zyan.
- As users watch videos, timers get filled up and give user points. Later the points can be converted into cash. Since it was launched recently, it pays its users to sign up, watch videos, and also convince others to do the same.
- Kuaishou, a well-funded startup, runs Zyan, it has recently received a $2 billion investment from Tencent, the Chinese tech giant behind WeChat.
- The app promises $110 if users get five other people to sign up for the platform.
Best TikTok alternatives available in the market:
- Vigo Video
- Funmite video musical editor
TikTok is one of the extensively used apps. It currently ranks 9th in social networking sites, among other apps like LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat. It took Instagram 6 six years to gain the same amount of monthly active users as TikTok managed to achieve under three years. Dubsmash is an app that is similar to TikTok. It facilitates users to lip-sync to songs and movie dialogue. This app is also trending amongst users. TikTok clone app has all the features of the main app, apart from that it has certain advanced features. Currently, Dubsmash and TikTok have revenue of $3 million and $456 Million, respectively. So it is the right time for business owners to invest in Dubsmash and Musically clone apps. These clones apps guarantee a good ROI for them.
Are you aspiring to establish a successful app like TikTok?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.