Bigbasket raises $60 Million to service growing demand: Here’s how you can venture into grocery delivery marketAuthor Grocery App Development
The coronavirus pandemic has pushed people to look for alternative ways to avail services. Governments across the globe are imposing nation-wide lockdowns to curb the pandemic from spreading. On-demand apps are an instant hit nowadays. One major on-demand application that has significantly surged in this quarantine season is the grocery delivery services app. Grocery stores across the town have turned empty. Even after waiting for long hours, people turn up to their homes empty-handed. Avid entrepreneurs across the globe are beginning to capitalize on the situation by venturing into on-demand app development.
Grocery delivery apps can provide doorstep grocery deliveries to users. This eliminates the fear among people to step out of their homes. Moreover, they needn’t worry if they’ll contract the disease. People can remain in self-isolation and still get their services done. In a densely populated country like India, maintaining social distancing is the only option to curb the transmission rate. As an entrepreneur, now is the right time to capitalize on an alarming situation. In this blog, you’ll get to know how to develop a grocery delivery app.
Is the online grocery delivery platform really profitable?
Let’s take a look at the facts that can answer the above question.
- BigBasket, a popular on-demand grocery platform, saw volume of orders spike by five times in recent weeks.
- According to BigBasket, the platform has delivered over one million orders in just three weeks following the pandemic.
- Apps like Instacart, Walmart Grocery, etc., are seeing 20,000+ downloads on a single day.
- Moreover, the daily download rates have seen an unprecedented surge following the pandemic. Instacart saw their daily download rates rise by 218%, while Walmart saw it grow by 160%.
- Grofers, a popular online platform, is meeting 190,000 orders in a single day.
- Grofers is expecting orders to rise by 50% this month and planning to hire almost 7000 workers to meet the demand.
The demand for these on-demand apps is growing exponentially. We can provide you a grocery delivery app solution to venture into the market instantly.
What are the strategies to be adopted to sustain in the market?
In this pandemic, the sustainability of your app in the market is the key. People are ready to buy. Are you ready to serve them effectively? Let’s take a look at the strategies you can adopt to sustain in the market.
- Adopt contactless deliveries: Any external contact can transmit the disease without even people’s knowledge. Hence, you can adopt contactless delivery options. In this way, delivery professionals can place users’ orders at a confined place in front of their homes. By adopting zero contact deliveries, you ensure the safety of your users and delivery professionals, as well.
- Join hands with a local enterprise: With increasing demands, you may run out of stock anytime. To avoid this, you can join hands with local grocery stores. This is a win-win situation for you as well as the grocery owners. Grocery owners are satisfied that they can continue their business. You can also meet people’s demands effectively.
- Hire delivery professionals: To cope up with the demands, you need delivery professionals. Delivery professionals are an integral part of your supply chain. Hence, hiring delivery professionals can be an ideal choice to sustain in the market. You cannot deliver groceries if you do not have the backbone of your services, the delivery professionals.
How can your app stand apart from the rest of the group?
Differentiation is the key to sustainability. Out of the number of grocery delivery apps in the market, your app should gain increased attention and popularity than the rest. Here’s how you can achieve it,
- User Friendly UI/UX: A complex design to your app can greatly inhibit user experience. Hence, a user-friendly app easier to navigate can greatly attract multiple users towards the app.
- Search by Category: As a grocery delivery platform, your app houses groceries of multiple categories. Hence, users should be provided the option of search by category. This filter option conserves users’ time and enhances user experience as users get their products instantly.
- Chatbot integration: There may be a diversified range of users accessing your app. They may not be familiar with a grocery delivery app. Hence, it can be greatly beneficial if you integrate a chatbot in your app. A chatbot can guide users through the app and can even take up orders for users. This increases the reliability of users towards the app.
- Managing Back-end: Most grocery delivery apps fail to upgrade their back-end development. You can stand apart from the rest if you manage your back-end effectively. Your server and database must be able to withstand the site traffic experienced during demands.
How can Appdupe help you scale your grocery delivery app in the market?
In the vastly expanding grocery delivery services market, effectively scaling your product is the key. The development of a grocery delivery app from scratch can cost you anywhere between $20,000 -$40,000 depending on your specifications. Moreover, it takes around 3-4 months to develop an app from scratch. However, at Appdupe, we hear your specifications and offer clone apps almost instantly. Your budget to develop an app is reduced substantially. You can get a grocery app solution and launch your app instantly in the market.
If you wish to offer multiple delivery services from a single app, we can help you with that too. With a Gojek clone app, you can provide multi-niche deliveries with a single app. Delivery options include food, grocery, medicines, etc.
You can serve people effectively this quarantine season with a grocery delivery app. With people looking out for services, you can gain instant popularity in the market. You can adopt the above-mentioned strategies to sustain in the market and ensure the safety of users and delivery professionals. By integrating stand-apart features in your app, you can ensure your app stays ahead of your competitors in the market. Instead of spending an increased amount of your budget for development, you can get instant clone apps from us. Get your grocery delivery app today!
Looking to startup an on-demand grocery delivery app?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.