Essential Guidelines for Developing an UberEats like Clone AppAuthor UberEats Clone
Food delivery apps have revolutionized the online market drastically. People sitting at home or the workplace, demand food from their favorite restaurants. They take out their smartphones, tap on the food delivery apps, and get their favorite meal delivered hot and fresh. The affordable and convenience of these food delivery apps have made them a necessity in people’s lives. Be it home, school, college, or workplace, users get instant deliveries. Apps like UberEats and Zomato have greatly added to the success of these on-demand food delivery apps. So, what does it take to develop an UberEats clone? Let us discuss it here.
The rise of on-demand food delivery apps:
Let us have a look at the market of these on-demand food delivery apps before arriving at a conclusion.
- Almost 60% of US consumers order food once a week. 60% of the restaurants have agreed that online orders have boosted their sales substantially.
- It is to be noted that 33% of the users are ready to pay an extra amount for the food if it is delivered rapidly.
- 34% of the people ordering online, pay a minimum order value of $50.
- Delivery sales are increasing at a rate of 20% growth annually.
- The on-demand mobile app food delivery market will generate a revenue of $35 billion by 2020.
All these above statements justify that the on-demand food delivery market is increasing exponentially and offers a great area of investment. By proper planning and utilization of resources, this market can be ideal to thrive upon.
Types of On-demand services:
There are various types of delivery services available in the market. They are,
- Person to Person services: In this type, services take place between person and person. No organization or company is involved in this type. The app acts as a bridge between persons. Apps like Uber are the best example of this type.
- Enterprises to Person services: When a famous restaurant opens a food delivery service for itself, it is called Enterprise to person services. Apps like Domino’s are the best example of this type.
- Enterprise to Enterprise services: This type of service eliminates the need for the delivery supply chain. Any user nearer to the location can deliver the packages to the receiver. Although this type of delivery service is rarely in use, business owners must decide their business model keeping all the types in mind. UberRush is the ideal example of this type.
Deciding an effective food delivery service model can increase the longevity of the developing app. Assessing the locality where the app is to function can provide insights about the service model that is necessary for the development of the app.
Stages in the development of the App:
Once the service model is decided, app development has to be finalized. The stages in development are,
- UberEats Clone Script: The initial stage in the app development is preparing the UberEats clone script. The UberEats clone script essentially contains the plot or ideas of how the app should work. Deciding the ideal service model also takes place in this stage of development.
- Features of the App: This is an important stage in development. Although ideas help in preparing the UberEats clone, it is the transformation of ideas into development that is essential. Features of the app can be divided into essential features and advanced features. While essential features are mandatory for functioning, it is the advanced features that differentiate the developing app from the rest.
- Launching the App: Once the development of the app is completed, launching has to take place. Launching the app across different platforms like Android, iOS, etc. must take place. Promoting the app also takes place in this stage.
Features of User App:
Developing a separate UberEats clone app for users, delivery professionals, and restaurant owners is essential. Features are distinct for all the three apps. They include,
- Easy Registration: Upon downloading the app, the users have to register with the app. They can register across different social media platforms.
- OTP Verification: A SMS Authentication with the users’ mobile number can prevent fake profiles from registering with the app.
- Search by category: Users can search among diversified restaurants and food items that are segregated based on their style or category. Users can order the food items listed on the app.
- Real-time tracking: Once the orders are placed, delivery professionals are assigned to pick up the order. Real-time tracking facilities allow users to know the status of their orders instantly. This also provides the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of the orders to reach the provided destination.
- Payment options: Users can pay via different payment options, including credit, debit cards, and various digital wallets.
Features of Delivery Person App:
- Availability Toggle: Delivery persons can toggle between their availability using this on/off feature.
- Accept/ Reject Request: Delivery persons in the locality can accept or reject orders based on their choice.
- Notifications: Delivery persons needn’t open the app every time to accept or reject requests. In-app push notifications have made it easy for them.
- In-app chat facilities: With this feature, delivery persons can have direct contact with the users. For any specific instruction/ queries, they can reach users instantly with this facility.
Features of Restaurant Vendor App:
- Availability Toggle: Just like the Delivery persons’ app, the Restaurant app also has an availability toggle feature. They can accept orders whenever they are ready to do so.
- Restaurant Vendor Profile: This allows restaurant vendors to specify their bestsellers, their experience, and ratings obtained from different users. It increases the credibility of the restaurant.
- Accepting scheduling options: Restaurants can accept or reject advanced scheduling made by users. A separate toggle is available if the restaurant is ready to accept advanced orders.
How does a Food delivery app function?
- Users download the app initially from the Playstore for Android users and the App Store for iOS users.
- A mandatory sign up is required before entering the app.
- Users give permission to use navigation facilities on the phone by the app.
- Once the location is tracked, available restaurants nearby are shown in the app. Users can choose from the diversified restaurants available.
- Once the restaurant is selected, various food items can be ordered by the users.
- Upon selecting the food, payment can be made through different platforms.
- The restaurant accepts the order, and a delivery professional is assigned to pick up the order.
- Users can track their order with an in-built real-time tracking facility in the app.
- Users can share their experience with the restaurant, food, and delivery service in the form of Ratings and Reviews.
How can one get this UberEats clone?
One can get the app developed by approaching an app development company. An expert technical team of these companies develops the clone apps. This eliminates bugs and related issues in the app.
The food delivery sector is continuing to boom as the day passes by. This convenient, reliable, and affordable industry has attracted the attention of the people and has become an instant hit. With online platforms already generating revenue, over a billion dollars, this industry has caught every potential entrepreneurs’ attention. Now can be an ideal time to enter this vastly expanding business venture.
We, at Appdupe, offer you 100% customizable UberEats clones that are tailor-made according to your specifications.
Want to Launch your Online On-Demand Food Delivery Business?
Marketing is my soul mate and writing is my side kick. Using my writing skills to share the knowledge of app development and upcoming technologies.