Consumers around the world are looking for unique ways to decrease time spent on commuting. Sensing a gap in the transportation industry, startups such as Uber and Lyft were able to successfully disrupt traditional taxi businesses and create delightful travel experiences for consumers. Instead of complicating the commuting process, these startups have and still continue to focus on providing innovative, yet easy to adopt commute options for their customer base. Also, these startups are looking to be socially responsible by reducing the carbon footprint of their taxi operations.
Usage of Bike Sharing on the Rise
Bike sharing, in recent times, has experienced tremendous growth and attention across the world. Bike sharing services are easy to use, as users can just park their bike at the location where their ride ends. Public use bikes or bicycles are also popular, as they help reduce congestion and pollution in large metropolitan areas. Some of the factors that contribute to the adoption of bike sharing services are:
- Well-connected Network: Extensive networks of bikes and stations boosts user engagement.
- Multidimensional Consolidation: Infrastructure, payment modes, operations, and information systems are well integrated into a single entity.
- User-friendly Interaction: The automation of the rental processes, as well as easy or no mandatory registration, has proven attractive to the general public.
- Appealing Pricing: Demand for bikes and bike sharing services is driven by cost-effective and strategic price points.
- Top-Notch Bikes: Dependable bikes need low maintenance and are specifically designed to prevent theft and still satisfy the needs of users.
- Backing of local Authorities: Bike sharing is successful, only when local authorities are engaged for the use of public funds, public land, and government agencies.
Bike Sharing Models
Currently, there are two bike-sharing models available in the market:
Free-floating Bike Sharing
Station-based Bike Sharing
Even e-bikes are rented to consumers using the above-mentioned model. E-bikes have to be plugged into a charging port on return and the transactions are either completed at a user terminal or through an app.
Customized Bike Sharing App
If you are thinking of getting into the bike sharing business, you must be 100% sure of certain bike sharing app features, which could make or break your entrepreneurial foray. Some of these must-have features are:
- Effortless Booking Process: Users should be able to quickly and easily navigate through the app to locate and book a bike at their convenience. Also, bike availability should be constantly updated, as your customers might want to book a bike, whenever and wherever.
- Multiple Payment Options: Customers today like to make payments through a multitude of payment channels. You need to make sure that the most popular payment methods/systems are integrated with the bike sharing app. Also, as customers are sharing sensitive personal information, data privacy and security should be given top priority.
- Advanced Bike Booking: Some customers have their entire commute planned out; so they might need to book a bike in advance to avoid waiting. They also might want to avoid the risk of bike unavailability during peak hours. It is always a safer bet to allow your customers to book bike rides much in advance.
How to Get a Customized Bike Sharing App (Hint: AppDupe)
Now that you have made up your mind to get into the bike sharing business with a customized app, your next move should be to look for a reliable and technologically sound app development company. Not just any company, but a company with a vast app portfolio, in-depth experience in technology integration, and holistic approach to app development.
Look no further. AppDupe has solid experience in developing uber clone apps for the transportation industry, as well as offering app customization as per your business requirements. Some of the clone apps that we offer are:
- Uber for Taxi
- UberEats clone
- Uber for Courier
- Instacart clone
We also offer an Uber for X clone, which is an all-inclusive script that can be customized to fit all the on-demand services offered by Uber. As you must already know, Uber has added bike sharing to its portfolio of transportation services; which means that you can create a clone app similar to Uber for bikes. All you have to do is get in touch with us and we will set the wheels in motion for your bike sharing business.
Launch your Uber for Bikes.
Pedal your way to success.